Re: How to upgrade under redhat [was: alter user to change user's password returns pg_shadow: Permission - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jason Turner
Subject Re: How to upgrade under redhat [was: alter user to change user's password returns pg_shadow: Permission
Date
List pgsql-general
> OK, so apparently the solution is to upgrade.  My OS is currently RedHat
> 6.2.  I'm a little leary of upgrading Linux at this point.  Is there a
> way to run Postgresql 7 under RedHat 6.2 or do I have to upgrade?

Currently running PostgreSQL under RedHat 6.0 over here.  Works like a
treat (thanks, guys!).

Did you get a source or RPM install?  Either one is painless, apart from
a full backup, initdb, reload cycle (even that's not too bad).  There
are full docs for this on the site, just haven't got the url atm.
Just make sure you do an upgrade in the form it was installed.  If
you got the RPM originally, upgrade via RPM (but *get the dump first!*).
Ditto for source.  Mixing and matching source vs. RPM upgrades under
RedHat is *such* a pain in the backside...

Cheers

Jason
--
Indigo Industrial Controls Ltd.