Re: Re: [GENERAL] Bug in createlang? - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Re: [GENERAL] Bug in createlang?
Date
List pgsql-patches
> Bruce Momjian writes:
>
> > I just applied a diff to better document the use of ident for localhost.
> > I think it is a good idea, and in some ways a better use of ident than
> > for remote machines.  If I missed a spot that could be better
> > documented, let me know.

Moved out of blockquote.

> original source.  Also, *please* make the pg_hba.conf.sample file shorter,
> not longer.

I have the idea of having the postmaster load the non-comment lines from
pg_hba.conf in as a List of character strings and have the postmaster
read through the strings, reloading on sighup.  That way, we don't have
to read the file at all for each connection.