Re: ODBC calls seem surprisingly slow... - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Jason Tishler
Subject Re: ODBC calls seem surprisingly slow...
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
Dave,

On Wed, Jul 11, 2001 at 08:32:23AM +0100, Dave Page wrote:
> I personally find that Cygwin PostgreSQL is only really fast enough as a
> (very) convenient development platform (<ducks> sorry Jason! But it is
> *very* useful and appreciated).

Thanks, I'm glad that you find Cygwin PostgreSQL useful.  No need
to apologize to me -- I just submitted some Cygwin related patches.
Anything running under Cygwin is slower than a Linux app running on the
same hardware.  Posix emulation is almost guaranteed to be slower than
real Posix.

Terry Carlin (from Great Bridge) is doing some PostgreSQL benchmarking
and hopefully will be reporting on Cygwin PostgreSQL performance versus
other platforms soon.  Do you have any data that you can share with the
list in the meantime?

Thanks,
Jason

--
Jason Tishler
Director, Software Engineering       Phone: 732.264.8770 x235