Re: any disadvantage of PostgeSQL on Windows - Mailing list pgsql-general

From GH
Subject Re: any disadvantage of PostgeSQL on Windows
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Jul 10, 2001 at 11:30:05AM +0800, some SMTP stream spewed forth:
> Would appreciate a lot if anyone could tell me if there is any
> disadvantage/performance issue in using PostgeSQL on windows.

I know of no disadvantages that are not a direct result of Windows.
Such things as the shared memory implementation, process switching,
general sluggishness, gui (if it a strictly server situation), etc.
Besides, PostgreSQL is fundamentally a 'unix thing'. It would be rather
like running MS Access on FreeBSD, only better because PostgreSQL is Just
That Good.

That said, you should have no trouble at all, and performance should be
reasonable.

--
> What, no one sings along with Ricky Martin anymore?
My kid sister does (but then, she prefers pico to vi ...)
    -- Suresh Ramasubramanian, alt.sysadmin.recovery