Re: Re: Backups WAS: 2 gig file size limit - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mike Castle
Subject Re: Re: Backups WAS: 2 gig file size limit
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Jul 09, 2001 at 08:59:59PM -0400, Joseph Shraibman wrote:
> If a database got corrupted somehow in order to restore from the dump
> the database would have to delete the original database then restore
> from the dump.  Untarring would be much easier (especially as the

You could always shut the system down and tar on your own.

Of course, tarring up several gigabytes is going to take a while.

Better to fix the dump/restore process than to hack in a work around that
has very limited benefit.

mrc
--
     Mike Castle      dalgoda@ix.netcom.com      www.netcom.com/~dalgoda/