Re: no comment - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: no comment
Date
List pgsql-general
will trillich wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 22, 2001 at 05:45:17PM -0400, Thalis A. Kalfigopoulos wrote:
> > I'll take advantage of the fact the Pg is "open source" and that Bruce comments on the story, so as not to be
flamedabout this:

> > http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1003-200-6352301.html?tag=prntfr
>
> short term and off-the-cuff, my first reaction is 'those dirty
> bastards'... but then i begin to realize that they're cutting
> their own throat. in the end, quality will prevail.
>
> --
> I'd concentrate on "living in the now" because it is fun
> and on building a better world because it is possible.
>    - Tod Steward

    I  just  love the very last paragraph. It reflects exactly my
    impressions.  The big players got an eye on open-source.

    What confuses me  a  little  is  that  Microsoft's  marketing
    department wasn't able to stop this stupid thing. Why do they
    help us to get so much  public  attention?  Oracle's  attempt
    just  to say "we don't see any real competition ..." was IMHO
    alot smarter.

Jan