Re: Proposal for encrypting pg_shadow passwords - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Toback
Subject Re: Proposal for encrypting pg_shadow passwords
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Monday, June 25, 2001, at 08:04 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> I assume we will use MD5 for encryption of pg_shadow passwords.  The
> letters "md5" will appear at the start of the password string and it
> will be exactly 35 characters.  Vince sent me the code.  We
> will need to
> add MD5 capability to libpq, ODBC, and JDBC.  (I hope JDBC will
> not be a
> problem.)

JDK 1.1 and later has MD5 available; this shouldn't be a problem.

-- Bruce

Bruce Toback    Tel: (602) 996-8601| My candle burns at both ends;
OPT, Inc.            (800) 858-4507| It will not last the night;
11801 N. Tatum Blvd. Ste. 142      | But ah, my foes, and oh, my
friends -
Phoenix AZ 85028                   | It gives a lovely light.
btoback@optc.com                   |     -- Edna St. Vincent Millay