Re: front ends for postgres under linux - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Penguin
Subject Re: front ends for postgres under linux
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Jun 19, 2001 at 11:50:46AM +0200, Michael Meskes wrote:

>On Tue, Jun 19, 2001 at 12:08:12PM +0530, Penguin wrote:
>> Accounting, PF Accounting, Payroll etc. using ibcs module of Linux.
>
>[OT] Are you still running kernel 2.0.* or is there a newer ibcs out there?

Yeh. We are running Red Hat 6.2 with kernel 2.2.14 ( default kernel on Red
hat 6.2 ). No idea if there is ibcs module for kernel 2.4.x.

>> Now we want to start developing and slowly converting those applications
>> on Linux platform. For that we have selected Postgresql as the Database.
>> However we are finding it difficult to decide about the front-ends.
>> I wanted to know what the listers are using as front-ends on Linux
>> platform. Is using PHP4 good enough for developing financial accounting
>> & inventory applications.
>
>I'm not sure about php4 but there is one out there using perl-dbd. Are your
>apps web based?

No. Our applications are not web based. Those are commercial applications
like Financial Accounting, Inventory, Payroll etc. etc. and to be used
in-house. Web does not come into picture here.

Thanks for your response.

Warm Regards

--
Rajesh Fowkar