Re: Problem with pgsql-cygwin - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Jason Tishler
Subject Re: Problem with pgsql-cygwin
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
On Fri, Jun 15, 2001 at 05:22:06PM -0600, Jorge Aguilar wrote:
> Within the bash session everything is ok., but if try to connect using
> apache+PHP, the next message appears:
>
> Warning: Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: connectDBStart() --
> connect() failed: No error Is the postmaster running (with -i) at
> 'localhost' and accepting connections on TCP/IP port '5432'? in
> c:\apache\website\html\varios\webtasker\php\postgres.php on line 13
>
> could you please help me, again?

Please keep the thread on the mail list so others can benefit too.  And,
in this case, you will benefit too since I do not have any PHP experience.

The only (very limited) help that I can offer is the following standard
PostgreSQL suggestions:

    1. Is postmaster running with the -i option?
    2. Is the pg_hba.conf set up correctly?

Jason

--
Jason Tishler
Director, Software Engineering       Phone: 732.264.8770 x235