pgsql/src/interfaces/odbc gpps.c - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Bruce Momjian - CVS
Subject pgsql/src/interfaces/odbc gpps.c
Date
List pgsql-committers
CVSROOT:    /home/projects/pgsql/cvsroot
Module name:    pgsql
Changes by:    momjian@hub.org    01/06/12 11:14:47

Modified files:
    src/interfaces/odbc: gpps.c

Log message:
    I installed postgres 7.1 with --enable-odbc.  I then installed
    tclodbc (http://sourceforge.net/projects/tclodbc) and libiodbc-2.50.3
    (http://www.iodbc.org/dist/libiodbc-2.50.3.tar.gz).  I could not
    get either to work... postgres would not find the global odbcinst.ini
    file.  I traced this to src/interfaces/odbc/gpps.c -- here are the
    many things I think are wrong:

    Run tclodbc and do a ``database db <DSNname>'' where ``DSNname'' is
    one of the DSN's in /usr/local/etc/odbcinst.ini (or wherever the
    global ini file is installed.)  The result is always the error
    message that ``one of server,port,database,etc. are missing''.

    Run libiodbc-2.50.3/samples/odbctest <DSNname>.  The command fails
    to connect to the database and just exits.

    Dave Bodenstab