Re: Greetings, Thinking about converting - Mailing list pgsql-general

From GH
Subject Re: Greetings, Thinking about converting
Date
List pgsql-general
> Opinion that you dont share as I see.. but, OS and hardware appart, what
> about the MSSQL vs MySQL vs PostgreSQL discussion. what you think ?

General consensus is that MySQL is the fastest for simple selects. If you
have a decent number of (more than 2 or 3) concurrent users,
PostgreSQL will serve you better because a site with significant
traffic will benefit from transactions and strong data integrity.

If you care about your data, use PostgreSQL.

I would use PostgreSQL anyway, just because it is overall "better" (which
is a *very* subjective measure) and it /feels/ better. Furthermore, a
stronger DBMS is more likely to serve your needs in the future.

> Speed is what I am lookin for

In what type of situation are you planning to use this setup?

gh

(Not a very strong argument, but MSSQL /is/ made by Microsoft, afterall...)