Re: A feature that I'd like to see.... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: A feature that I'd like to see....
Date
List pgsql-general
Steve Wolfe wrote:

>      Here's something that would be very useful to those of us with
> high-traffic DB servers, and of course, if it already exists, slap me
> silly and point me in the right direction - it would be very useful to be
> able to find out what query was being processed by a particular backend.
> That way, when I see that there is a backend taking an entire CPU to
> itself for several minutes, it would make it immensely easier to track
> down the culprit.

    Coming  with  the  statistics  stuff  I'll  post  to  PATCHES
    tomorrow is a  view  that  shows  (only  to  superusers)  the
    queries  currently executed by the backends of all databases.
    More precise, the query  it  did  a  couple  of  milliseconds
    before,  because  there  is  little delay causing the backend
    that asks usually to show up <IDLE>.

Jan