Re: Access statistics - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: Access statistics
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Jan Wieck <JanWieck@Yahoo.com> writes:
> >     In  the  next  couple of hours (at least tomorrow) I would be
> >     ready to commit the backend changes  for  table-/index-access
> >     statistics and current backend activity views.
> >     Should  I  apply  the patches or provide a separate patch for
> >     review first?
>
> Considering that you've not offered any detailed information about
> what you plan to do (AFAIR), a patch for review first would be polite ...
   We  had that discussion a couple of weeks ago down to if it's   better to use UNIX or INET domain UDP sockets. But I
expected  it  not  to  be detailed enough for our current quality level   :-)

   It's incomplete anyway since the per  database  configuration   in  pg_database  is  missing and some other details
Ineed to   tidy up. So I'll wrap up a patch tomorrow.

Jan