Fresh Installation of 7.1.1 RPMs = no binding to a port - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Neil Mock
Subject Fresh Installation of 7.1.1 RPMs = no binding to a port
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I just installed (not upgraded) Postgrseql 7.1.1 from
RPM's from the postgresl website.  I'm running RedHat
7.1, and the startup script in init.d seems to work
fine, it says postgresql is running, etc.  I can
create databases and work with them, but for some
reason postgrseql is not binding to any port.  I have
set in the configuration file for it to bind to port
5432 (which is the default I believe), but no luck.
Everything else seems to work fine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Neil