Re: Why can't I do this (setup question) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Paul Tomblin
Subject Re: Why can't I do this (setup question)
Date
List pgsql-general
Quoting Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us):
> Paul Tomblin <ptomblin@xcski.com> writes:
> > So I gave up, did a pg_dumpall, mounted the new directory, did an initdb
> > and restored the database, and everything is great.
>
> Curious.  The other should have worked AFAICS.  Maybe something silly,
> like the files were not copied with the right ownership/permissions?

I quite definitely used the "p" option in tar to preserve ownership, and
while I didn't examine all the files, a quick look showed them all with
the right permissions and ownership.

--
Paul Tomblin <ptomblin@xcski.com>, not speaking for anybody
"Mary had a little key,/She kept it in escrow/And everything that Mary