Re: Re: ZeroFill(.../pg_xlog/xlogtemp.20148) failed: No such file or directory - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Chris Jones
Subject Re: Re: ZeroFill(.../pg_xlog/xlogtemp.20148) failed: No such file or directory
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, May 23, 2001 at 01:47:37PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:

> Chris Jones <chris@mt.sri.com> writes:
> > No, it could be any number of other things.  The first that comes to
> > mind is EINTR.  How about something closer to:
>
> Writes to disk files don't suffer EINTR as far as I've ever heard
> (if they do, there are an awful lot of broken programs out there).

Yeah, my mistake.

> More to the point, a kernel that aborted a write because of an interrupt
> *and failed to set errno* would certainly be broken.  The question is
> what to assume when we see that the write did not change errno.

If write didn't return -1, it shouldn't have set errno.  A short write
count isn't an error condition.

Chris

--
Chris Jones                                    SRI International, Inc.

Attachment