Re: psql shell problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Denis A. Doroshenko
Subject Re: psql shell problem
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, May 22, 2001 at 05:00:14PM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Denis A. Doroshenko writes:
>
> > isn't that logical, to use history when configure found history
> > functions?
>
> That means it found the functions in a library, but it does not mean it
> found them in a header file.

please, be good and tell me why can't we use history _really found in
libreadline_, just because of some headers missing? if example proggie
using readline with history has been successfully compiled and linked,
with no headers, who cares about the header files?

i just can't understand the point... :-(

> > OpenBSD does not have readline/history.h nor it has
> > history.h,
>
> What edition of readline does OpenBSD supply?

heh, sounds weird, but i can't tell you :-) it seems to be readline
which comes with GNU binutils (version 2.9 for OpenBSD 2.8, AFAIK).

--
Denis A. Doroshenko  [GPRS/IN/WAP, VAS group engineer] .-.        _|_  |
[Omnitel Ltd., T.Sevcenkos st. 25, Vilnius, Lithuania] | | _ _  _ .| _ |