Re: Why can't I do this (setup question) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Paul Tomblin
Subject Re: Why can't I do this (setup question)
Date
List pgsql-general
Quoting Paul Tomblin (ptomblin@xcski.com):
> I tried starting it with the following arguments:
>     postmaster -d 5 -D /var/lib/pgsql/data
> And with the mounted data dir, I don't get *anything* on stderr except for
> the initial environ dump, and I can't connect.  But when I do it without

So I gave up, did a pg_dumpall, mounted the new directory, did an initdb
and restored the database, and everything is great.

--
Paul Tomblin <ptomblin@xcski.com>, not speaking for anybody
Disclaimer: "These opinions are my own, though for a small fee they be