Re: psql shell problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Denis A. Doroshenko
Subject Re: psql shell problem
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 07:17:23PM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Denis A. Doroshenko writes:

> > > Install readline and rebuild.
> >
> > no need for that. OpenBSD has GNU readline. may be not the
> > latest-coolest-super-duper-GNU-tool-that-fits-all-and-even-more, but
> > normal library which _works_ if before making you move one line in
> > psql's input.h. why install new if the older one works like a charm?
>
> You must have a peculiar definition of "works" and "charm", if you read
> the original poster's message.

well, i feel like you must have a peculiar definition of word "peculiar".
:-P what's wrong with my answer? the original poster writes he
installed pgsql from _packages_, that is binary distribution, which
was compiled simply with configure/gmake. i just said that configure
picks up libreadline shipped with OpenBSD, but because of way defines
are defined (brrr), input.h doesn't define one more define (huh) and
thus history is out of the psql binary. if you change the history a
bit (btw, it will look _more logical_), then history will be ok with
the very same vanilla OS (that is no additional readline library).

well, i has been ranting a bit :-) this GPRS devices with label
"SAMPLE" drive me mad... sorry...

--
Denis A. Doroshenko  [GPRS/IN/WAP, VAS group engineer] .-.        _|_  |
[Omnitel Ltd., T.Sevcenkos st. 25, Vilnius, Lithuania] | | _ _  _ .| _ |