Re: Postgres 7.0.3 on SCO OpenServer Enterprise not working with UDP - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Craig Orsinger
Subject Re: Postgres 7.0.3 on SCO OpenServer Enterprise not working with UDP
Date
List pgsql-general
In article <002801c0d728$91de42e0$0110a8c0@qss>, "Carlos Antonio Ruiz
Gómez" <c_ruiz@tutopia.com> wrote:

    The alternative to TCP sockets for PostgreSQL is Unix sockets,
not UDP sockets.

    Unless things have changed in the last couple of years, I think
your problem is that SCO doesn't support Unix sockets. It didn't
back when I was using it, which was several years ago, and I
never heard any plans to add this ability. If that's true, you'll need
to add TCP/IP to your OpenServer system and use TCP sockets.

> Hello, I have a problem using postgres 7.0.3 in SCO OpenServer
> Enterprise.
>
> Postgres 7.0.3 is working fine with TCP port 5432.
>
> The problem is that I need to use postgres with SCO OpenServer Host
> System, and this system doesn't have TCP/IP.
>
> Postgres is not working with local UDP.

[mucho snippage]