Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql/ /README /configure /configure.in /regis ... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql/ /README /configure /configure.in /regis ...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> >> There's already a version 1.9.0 (which is what this got changed to) out on
> >> CPAN.  Who maintains this?
>
> > The CPAN I thought was DBI, while ours is old, right?
>
> No.  interfaces/perl5 is a stand-alone Perl client library that is
> unrelated (more or less anyway) to DBD/DBI.  DBI might be better,
> but that doesn't necessarily mean we should abandon support for
> the non-DBI library.

No, I wasn't suggesting we eliminate ours.  I was just thinking we
should have the DBD/DBI in there too.

> > As far as I know, we are the only maintainers for the non-DBI version.
>
> *Somebody* is maintaining it, because the version on CPAN is not the
> same as ours.  (Which appears to be sufficient proof that there's
> still interest in it...)

Good point, and why don't we have those patches, and who is it?

> It would be good to get our copy back in sync with CPAN.

Yes!

> BTW, this is exactly what I was concerned about w.r.t. adopting the DBI
> library into our CVS: if it drifts away from what's on CPAN then we
> have a problem.

We need the maintainers to give us patches or give them CVS access, if
the agree.  This is similar to how we moved ODBC into our tree.

Pennsylvania19026