Re: VACUUM is hanging - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ashley Clark
Subject Re: VACUUM is hanging
Date
List pgsql-general
* Tom Lane in "Re: [GENERAL] VACUUM is hanging" dated 2001/05/04 11:09
* wrote:

> Since the PID mentioned by the postmaster is NOT the same one running
> the vacuum, presumably this is just an indication that some other
> backend finished its work and exited normally.

I would agree except that this is a product in testing and there should
be NOTHING accessing it at 4am. Currently, I'm the only one with access
to the DB.

> It's unclear what the process doing the vacuum could be waiting for;
> can you attach to it with gdb and get a backtrace?

I'll try to recreate the situation and get a backtrace, if that's
successful I guess I'll have to recompile with -g to get really useful
information.

--
really shack

Attachment