Re: Re: New Linux xfs/reiser file systems - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Re: New Linux xfs/reiser file systems
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Just put a note in the installation docs that the place where the database
> is initialised to should be on a non-Reiser, non-XFS mount...

Sure, we can do that now.  What do we do when these are the default file
systems for Linux?  We can tell them to create other types of file
systems, but that is a pretty big hurdle.  I wonder if it would be
easier to get reiser/xfs to make some modifications.

Pennsylvania19026