Re: RE: Security and performance - Mailing list pgsql-general

From pgsql@itsbruce.uklinux.net
Subject Re: RE: Security and performance
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, May 02, 2001 at 05:50:49PM -0700, jeff.fitzmyers@managestar.com wrote:
> > Instead of making a kajillion views
>
> I limit what others can see using php scripting:

Wrong approach for me.  I am not writing the php scripts and I don't
want to trust those who are.  Even if I were writing the scripts, I
would not trust me.  Get the security right on the database side and you
don't have to worry about mistakes on the application side.

If I wanted to trust the application, I'd be using mySQL.

--
Bruce

It is impolite to tell a man who is carrying you on his shoulders that
his head smells.