Fwd: Re: Re: patch to support KOI8-U <==> UTF-8 conversions (2nd try) - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Andy Rysin
Subject Fwd: Re: Re: patch to support KOI8-U <==> UTF-8 conversions (2nd try)
Date
List pgsql-patches
oops, last one I sent directly to Bruce (obviously today is not my
day :-)

just in case forwarding it to the list.

Sorry for the mess,
Andy

Note: forwarded message attached.

http://auctions.yahoo.com/
may be it's just slipped somewhere on the road? :-)
well, it's probably me who forget to attach it, here it is :-)
BTW it does not add encodign it just patches existing one (KOI8) to
support two - KOI8-R and KOI8-U (latter is superset of the former if
not to take to the account pseudographics)

Thanks,
Andriy

--- Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> wrote:

> I don't see no patch.  :-)
>
> > well, it seems like it's OK to attach patches here, so here's my
> > patch...
> >
> > --- Andy Rysin <arysin@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > > Hello everybuddy,
> > >
> > > I created the patch to add support of KOI8-U (ukrainian)
> encoding
> > > PostgreSQL. It handles Unicode conversions. Actually KOI8-U
> adds 4
> > > pairs of letters to KOI8-R and it was already there in
> single-byte
> > > recodings, do I didn't create new encoding and just patched
> 'KOI8'
> > > one.
> > >
> > > Shall I attach it right in my email to this list? It's around
> 6K.
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance,
> > > Andriy

> > http://auctions.yahoo.com/

> > TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster
> >

> --
>   +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania
19026