Error in Makefile.tcldefs - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Subject Error in Makefile.tcldefs
Date
Re: Error in Makefile.tcldefs  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-bugs
Ian Harding (ianh@tpchd.org) reports a bug with a severity of 3

Short Description
Error in Makefile.tcldefs

Long Description
'gmake' process blows up when it gets to compiling pl/tcl.  The error message is something to the effect of "flag
'-Wl,-R/usr/pgk/lib'is not recognized."  I didn't see where -Wl was a valid flag in a quick scan of the man page for
gmake,so I simply deleted '-Wl,' from the TCL_LIB_SPEC line in Makefile.tcldefs in the /src/pl/tcl directory.  I have
noidea what damage I may have done, but all appears to be well as I can install pltcl and create functions.

Platform - i686
OS NetBSD 1.5
PG Version 7.1

Sample Code