Re: Ideal hardware configuration for pgsql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From GH
Subject Re: Ideal hardware configuration for pgsql
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, May 02, 2001 at 08:07:04PM +0100, some SMTP stream spewed forth:
> I only have experience with Red Hat, Solaris 8 (intel), and LinuxPPC.  What
> do you see as the downside of running Red Hat?  My intention is to run RH
> 7.1, although I can surely be swayed if you can offer some compelling
> FreeBSD benefits.

FreeBSD is out-of-the-box more secure, more stable, and generally more
enjoyable to work with than RedHat. If you had ever seen the power and
beauty of FreeBSD, you would not continue using RedHat by choice.

You probably need to see it to believe it.
I encourage you to check it out sometime, but you should have no problem
at all running PostgreSQL on RedHat.

I'm out.

gh