Re: RPM upgrade caveats going from a beta version to RC - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Oliver Elphick
Subject Re: RPM upgrade caveats going from a beta version to RC
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Lamar Owen wrote: >Last time I looked at the documentation for the serial tag, its use was >strongly discouraged.  But
that_has_ been awhile -- maybe it could be >useful. But I would prefer the whole version numbering thingtobe fixed, >as
theDebian packages have the same issue -- and I don't know if .deb >has an analog to Serial:.

We have epochs, that is, the package version is preceded by an integer
and a colon, which overrides every other part of the version and release
number.  However, if I ever use an epoch, I will be stuck with epochs for ever;
so I don't want to start.

========================================   "Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. Is     anyone happy? Let him
singsongs of praise. Is any one     of you sick? He should call the elders of the church     to pray over him...The
prayerof a righteous man is     powerful and effective."         James 5:13,14,16