Re: updates way slower than selects? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Marek Pętlicki
Subject Re: updates way slower than selects?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Saturday, April, 2001-04-07 at 23:04:23, Doug McNaught wrote:
> Marek Pętlicki <marpet@linuxpl.org> writes:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > I've got a question: has anybody noticed in your production
> > tables, that updates on existing rows take longer than inserts
> > into those same tables?
>
> Standard first question: are you vacuuming?

this is a productio system running over half a year - yes it is
vacuumed every night. Additional question: is update speed on single
int4 value really dependant on vacuuming or are you just asking a
'standard question'?

regards and thanks

--
Marek Pętlicki <marpet@buy.pl>