Re: Calling Java from psql (was Re: requesting help) - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Mathijs Brands
Subject Re: Calling Java from psql (was Re: requesting help)
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Thu, Mar 29, 2001 at 10:10:44AM +0100, Peter Mount allegedly wrote:
> At 21:37 26/03/01 +0200, Mathijs Brands wrote:

> > > I have, and given the current Java implementations it's a desaster.
> >
> >That bad eh? Well, I must admit I couldn't get the PHP-Java coupling to
> >work stable either :(
>
> Not having looked at the PHP-Java link, are they working as one process or
> is it some IPC type link?

They run a seperate JVM and connect to it. At least that what I gathered.

Regards,

Mathijs
--
It's not that perl programmers are idiots, it's that the language
rewards idiotic behavior in a way that no other language or tool has