Re: 7.1 docs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tatsuo Ishii
Subject Re: 7.1 docs
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Tatsuo Ishii writes:
>
> > I have a plan to translate 7.1 docs into Japanases
>
> Btw...
>
> One thing I am thinking about doing for the 7.2 cycle is set up the
> doc/src/ directory in a way to keep translations in tree.  It would
> probably look something like:
>
> doc/src/
>     sgml/    -- original (implicitly en_US)
>     en_GB/    -- translation
>     de_DE/    -- translation
>
> This way (or at least the way I'm imagining it) you would make a directory
> for you language, copy the file over that you want to translate, and edit
> it there.  When you build, all the files that you haven't done will be
> picked up from the original.
>
> How does that sound?

That is almost what I am thinking:-) Sounds like a good idea.

Another thing what we should care about is man pages. Is there any
standard way to coexist multiple languages under /usr/man? I see "ja"
subdirectory under it in my localized version of Linux.
--
Tatsuo Ishii