Re: pgindent run? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: pgindent run?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > Hey, I am open to whatever people want to do.  Just remember that we
> > accumulate lots of patches/development during the slow time before
> > development, and those patches become harder to apply.  Peter E has some
> > already.
>
> This argument seems irrelevant when given the choice of before release or
> after start of new cycle.  From an analytical point of view (and slightly
> idealized), these are limits approaching the same points in time, from
> opposite sides.  Thus, the second choice seems the infinitely better
> option.

Yes, the bigger problem is people running our most recent stable release
not matching the current CVS sources.  I think early beta is the time to
do this next time.  That has the fewest patches crossing over time.  In
7.1, we had the WAL patches still being worked on until near the end,
but once Tom put that mega-patch in last week, we could have done it
then.

Pennsylvania19026