run of pgindent - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject run of pgindent
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I know pgindent has risks.  Unfortunately, if we don't run pgindent, or
run it at a different time, we have other problems.  Either the code is
not consistent for new developers, or patches supplied against the most
recent release do not patch cleanly.

Both seem worse to me than taking the risk of pgindent.  I am willing to
run it earlier in the beta cycle next time, but usually there is someone
working on some patches during beta and pgindent would affect them.

I feel kind of stuck because none of the options seems very good.

Anyway, it is done for 7.2.  I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Pennsylvania19026