Re: Re: Use of the LIMIT clause ? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Re: Use of the LIMIT clause ?
Date
List pgsql-sql
> > Is this a TODO item?  Seems we should match MySQL, seeing as we took the
> > feature syntax from them.
>
> Question is, will more people be inconvenienced if we change it than if
> we leave it alone?  Seems like someone gets screwed either way ...

No question about it.  One solution would be to disable this syntax for
one release and then fix it in the one after that.  We already offer
LIMIT/OFFSET, which is what they should be using anyway.  If we can't
remember, and no one reported the bug for many releases, odds are no one
was using that more limited form anyway.

Pennsylvania19026