Re: Please Help - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruno Wolff III
Subject Re: Please Help
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Mar 14, 2001 at 12:17:57PM -0800,
  keith <keith@gmetech.com> wrote:
> I am lost. I am a developer, new to Linux and to postgreSQL.
>
> I am trying to install postgreSQL on a linux machine. Every command I try to run gives me a command not found error.
Icannot seem to do anything. I tried running all the commands. I tried being the root user as well as other users, no
difference.I tried going to the scr directory and 'make all' still nothing. I see the html documents and can run them,
butthat is it.

> Does anyone have any advice for someone who is an idiot when it comes to this???

Are you specifying the full path when trying to run these commands?
If not then you may have installed them in a directory not included in
the list of directories checked by default.

Also note that the current directory may not (normally should not) be in
your default path list.