Re: outer join not supported? - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Eugene Lee
Subject Re: outer join not supported?
Date
List pgsql-novice
On Thu, Mar 01, 2001 at 06:19:12PM -0500, Neil Conway wrote:
:
: On Thu, Mar 01, 2001 at 03:14:41PM -0800, Eugene Lee wrote:
: > Hi, I'm trying to do a LEFT JOIN and I'm getting an error telling me
: > that it's not supported.  The log looks something like this:
: [...]
: > I'm running PostgreSQL 7.0.3.  There's nothing in the release docs
: > saying that there's no outer join support, so I'm wondering if I need
: > to reconfigure or recompile something.  Thanks in advance!
:
: It's supported in 7.1, or you can check the FAQ for a workaround.

Ahhh, thanks for the quick response.  It looks like 7.1 is still in
development.  And I'm just surprised that outer join support has been
included in PostgreSQL until now!  From my old database classes many
years ago, outer joins were treated as a standard part of SQL.

--
Eugene Lee
eugene@anime.net