Re: [GENERAL] Chinese patch for Pgaccess - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tatsuo Ishii
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Chinese patch for Pgaccess
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > Hi all:
> >     The attachement is the Chinese (GB) patch for PgAccess, don't know
> > if it's correct to post here.
> > It's simple to do the translation, And I've test in 7.0.2 & current CVS,
> > seems pretty good.
> > If anyone want this little thing, I'll very happy.
> > use it is very simple, just gunzip it and copy to
> > $PGDIR/share/pgaccess/lib/languages/ for current CVS version,
> > and $PGDIR/pgaccess/lib/languages/ for 7.0*
> > BTW: I havn't got the tools to translate it to BIG5 encoding, is there
> > anybody to to it?
>
> OK, I have added this to the other pgaccess language files.

I think the file name (src/bin/pgaccess/lib/languages/chinese) is not
appropriate. There are several encodings for Chinese including
GB(EUC-CN), Big5, EUC-TW. At least we should be able to distinguish
them. What about "chinese(GB)" or whatever?
--
Tatsuo Ishii