Re: GPL, readline, and static/dynamic linking - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From ncm@zembu.com (Nathan Myers)
Subject Re: GPL, readline, and static/dynamic linking
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Feb 22, 2001 at 10:50:17AM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Let me add I don't agree with this, and find the whole GPL
> heavy-handedness very distasteful.

Please, not this again.  Is there a piss-and-moan-about-the-GPL
schedule posted somewhere?

Either PG is in compliance, or it's not.  Only libreadline's copyright
holder has the right to complain if it's not.  There is no need to
speculate; if we care about compliance, we need only ask the owner.
If the owner says we're violating his license, then we can comply, or
negotiate, or stop using the code.  The GPL is no different from any
other license, that way.

Complaining about the terms on something you got for nothing has to be
the biggest waste of time and attention I've seen on this list.

Nathan Myers
ncm@zembu.com