Re: PHP 4.0.4pl1 / Beta 5 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Larry Rosenman
Subject Re: PHP 4.0.4pl1 / Beta 5
Date
Re: PHP 4.0.4pl1 / Beta 5  (Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org>)
Re: PHP 4.0.4pl1 / Beta 5  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
* Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org> [010219 15:45]:
> * Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> [010219 15:43]:
> > Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org> writes:
> > > I still think we need a dummy postgres.h in $(destdir)/include to
> > > catch others using it this release.  PHP 4.0.4pl1 and earlier will
> > > *BREAK* unless we do.
> >
> > If we do that, no one will ever fix their code.  Moreover, such an
> > approach would conflict with the install-all-headers option...
> How about a BIG warning in the INSTALL doc, then?
AND make sure we nuke any OLD version in $(destdir)/include... Which
will cause a file not found vs. compile errors based on redeclares...?

LER