CORBA? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Georges Martin
Subject CORBA?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 7/02/01 at 18:05, JP Sugarbroad <taral@taral.net> wrote:

> Well... still no CORBA? I thought someone would pick it up... then
> again, I haven't seen that many people using it. JDBC seems to be more
> popular...
>
> P.S. Cc: me, I'm not on the list.
>
> --
> Taral <taral@taral.net>
> Please use PGP/GPG to send me mail.
> "Never ascribe to malice what can as easily be put down to stupidity."

>From the 4Suite Readme at <http://services.4Suite.org/documents/4Suite/README> :
   4ODS (Object Database System) is an Object Database Management Group   (ODMG) 3.0 standard object database
managementsystem for Python.   4ODS supports the Object Definition Language (ODL) with the   exception of a few types,
andoperations. A small subset of the   Object Query Language (OQL) is also supported. Most of the Object   Interchange
Format(OIF) is supported.

   The actual data storage is performed by a driver. The default driver
>   is for the PostgresQL database. There is also a beta Oracle driver,   and a beta AnyDbm Driver. [cut]
I've not yet seen this one mentioned on PostgreSQL lists...

Georges Martin
--
Georges Martin  <mailto:georges.martin@pi.be>