Re: Re: SQL Join - MySQL/PostgreSQL difference? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Albert REINER
Subject Re: Re: SQL Join - MySQL/PostgreSQL difference?
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Wed, Feb 07, 2001 at 10:38:53AM -0600, Brice Ruth wrote:
> Is there a simple (unix) command I can run on text files to convert
> cr/lf to lf?  The way I did it seemed pretty ass-backward to me (not to
> mention time consuming).
>
> -Brice

On many systems (linux at least) there is a command dos2unix, which is
actually an alias for `recode ibmpc:`. But that will take care of more
than just CR, e.g. umlauts, diacritics, etc..

Albert.

Albert Reiner                                   <areiner@tph.tuwien.ac.at>
Deutsch       *       English       *       Esperanto       *       Latine