best windows ODBC driver for HEAD CVS version? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fred Yankowski
Subject best windows ODBC driver for HEAD CVS version?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
What PostgreSQL ODBC driver should I use on Windows NT with the latest
version of PostgreSQL from CVS?

I had been using psqlodbc.dll version 6.50.0000 by Insight
Distribution System, as made available on ftp.postgresql.org in the
'latest' folder.  That worked OK with version 7.0.3 of PostgreSQL, and
does pretty well with the head CVS version too.  But... I'm using ODBC
connections with Zope, and Zope was able to display table schemas when
connected to PG 7.0.3.  However, it doesn't display any schema
information when using the same ODBC driver but connected to the
latest/head version of PG.  This makes me think that the 6.50 ODBC
driver is not a good match to the latest version of PG.

So I ran 'configure --with-odbc' when building PG from source,
creating a new psqlodbc.dll file.  But when I replace my
%systemroot%/system32/psqlodbc.dll file (the version 6.50 one) with
this new version, nothing about ODBC to PG works right anymore.
Attempting to use the driver to create a new DSN gives the message
"The setup routines for the PostgreSQL ODBC driver could not be
accessed.  Please reinstall the driver."  Maybe I need to do something
more to install it correctly, but I couldn't find any information
about how to do that.  Can someone tell me how to install this latest
version of the ODBC driver?

--
Fred Yankowski           fred@OntoSys.com      tel: +1.630.879.1312
Principal Consultant     www.OntoSys.com       fax: +1.630.879.1370