Re: 'Tuple is too big' Error - Mailing list pgsql-general

From J.H.M. Dassen (Ray)
Subject Re: 'Tuple is too big' Error
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Jan 11, 2001 at 20:06:33 +0100, Christian Pomar wrote:
> Using phorum (www.phorum.org) based on PHP, I am getting the following
> error when trying to insert a message in the PosgreSQL 6.5.3 database:
>
> ProcessQuery
> ERROR:  Tuple is too big: size 12440

There is an 8K tuple length in that version of PostgreSQL.

> (obtained from the log). Can anybody tell me where to find proper
> documentation to raise whatever parameter is necessary to avoid this
> problem?

AFAIK it's not that easy to fix. It is fixed in the beta versions of 7.1.

HTH,
Ray
--
Those who are willing to trade their liberty for security deserve neither.
    Benjamin Franklin