Re: A pg_dump error. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dan Langille
Subject Re: A pg_dump error.
Date
List pgsql-general
On 12 Jan 2001, at 10:51, hedy Xu wrote:

> We are using the postgres7 against Linux. We got a pg_dump error when tired
> to backup a database using pg_dump. The error message is “PQgetvalue: ERROR!
> tuple number 0 is out of range 0..-1 Segmentation fault“. We could dump this
> database when it was created. Our database server can’t be shut down after
> it goes to live, so we can’t use file system backup. Please help me resolve
> this problem.

I had this problem yesterday.  Before attempting the dump, I had
renamed several tables and created new ones in their place.  Then
copied from the renamed tables to the new tables.  Then I tried the
dump, which failed.  Then I removed the renamed tables. Then the dump
worked.

Hope that helps.

--
Dan Langille