Re: Time Formats - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruno Wolff III
Subject Re: Time Formats
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Jan 12, 2001 at 04:47:35PM -0600,
  Jeffery L Post <postjeff@uwm.edu> wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Jan 2001, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
>
> I looked up the Function to_char it expects two passed variable COL and
> MASK. What is the format of the MASK that it expects and could you give an
> example of the use of this funcion in a query that returns multiple
> columns.

There is a lot of detail in the html documention on the different values
you can use in the mask. Here is a small example:
area=> select to_char(now(),'MM-DD HH:MM'), to_char(now(),'YYYY-MM');
   to_char   | to_char
 01-12 05:01 | 2001-01
(1 row)