Re: Re: [HACKERS] How to print explain using PHP - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tatsuo Ishii
Subject Re: Re: [HACKERS] How to print explain using PHP
Date
List pgsql-general
> > On Tue, 9 Jan 2001, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >
> > > I think the issue here was that these functions don't make any sense for
> > > PHP because you can't register C functions.
> >
> > I mean (I know) that you can register some common (internal) PHP
> > function and this function can call your PHP function. It is some used in
> > XML Expat parser that use element handlers (functions).
> >
> > It's very good resolvable in PHP... see php-4.0b3/ext/xml/xml.c as example

IMHO it would be confusing for PHP users. What about changing the PHP
function php_pgsql_do_connect so that it calls PQsetNoticeProcessor to
preserve the last NOTIFY string somewhere. And we would invent new PHP
function pg_notifymessage (or whatever) to extract the string later on.

> OK, this is why I never added it to the TODO list.  Should we add this
> to our TODO list?

I don't think so, if the TODO should only include things to do with
the PostgreSQL source code.
--
Tatsuo Ishii