Re: running pgsql 7 under Jail'ed virtual machine on FreeBSD 4.2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Matt Beauregard
Subject Re: running pgsql 7 under Jail'ed virtual machine on FreeBSD 4.2
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Jan 04, 2001 at 05:04:50PM -0500, Dave VanAuken wrote:
> Have a FreeBSD 4.2 box...  have created two Virtual machines with the
> jail process.
> Apache and PHp configure and execute fine, but am having some
> configuration and execution problems with pgsql... not sure if I am
> missing something or if pgsql just cannot deal with being in the jail
> and sharing the sysv memory
>
> Attempting to manually start the postmaster produces the following:
>
> %postmaster -i
> IpcMemoryCreate: shmget failed (Function not implemented)
> key=5432010,

Perhaps you could mail freebsd-questions@freebsd.org and find out if
there are any issues with shared memory inside a jail.  My first guess
as to what the error message means is that it's not supported.

--
Matt Beauregard
Information Technology Operations, DesignScape

Ph: +61 2 9361 4233   Fx: +61 2 9361 4633