[patch] src/include/storage/s_lock.h - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Brent Verner
Subject [patch] src/include/storage/s_lock.h
Date
Re: [patch] src/include/storage/s_lock.h
List pgsql-patches
hi,

  This is a revised patch that I sent earlier to allow building
pg-7.1 with gcc as well as DEC's cc. I've had good results with this
applied. Could some other Alpha users try this out. Even better, could
an Alpha asm guru look over the asm that I'm using (instead of the
original asm in the file).

in brief:
  the original s_lock.h file tested for __alpha and __osf__ to use
the builtin __INTERLOCKED_BITSS_QUAD for our TAS. I've changed this
to check for the DEC compiler (__DECC || __DECCXX), removed the
__asm__(...) which appeared to be gcc-specific, and moved the whole
#if (__alpha) block inside the #else of #if defined(__GNUC__).

  brent

Attachment