Re: mailing list - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alfred Perlstein
Subject Re: mailing list
Date
List pgsql-general
* Peter Maas <pm@mrinfo.de> [001205 02:31] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this mailing list has lots of traffic (about 50 messages a day).
> Wouldn't it be more convenient to turn it into a news group? I have
> never seen a postgresQL news group on Usenet. It's really a hassle
> to move all messages in pgsql-general to a separate folder or to
> cut and paste when replying to a message within a digest. What do
> you think?

Er, there's a lot of utilities for managing mailing lists, procmail
on UNIX and a boatload of clients for Windows have the ability to
route mail based on email headers to seperate inboxes.

Also, this has been brought up before and I'm pretty sure the
concensus was that usenet attracts a lot of spam to its users.