Re: COPY BINARY is broken... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Samuel Sieb
Subject Re: COPY BINARY is broken...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Dec 01, 2000 at 05:56:57PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net> writes:
> > I would rip it out.
>
> I thought about that too, but was afraid to suggest it ;-)
>
> How many people are actually using COPY BINARY?

I have used it, I don't think I'm actually using right now.  But, it was
very handy. (Once I finally figured out the format through trial and error,
ouch!)  It is very nice to be able to just dump tuples in, instead of having
to format them to text, then the database has to put them back to binary
again.  So, an alternative with a clean interface would be very much
appreciated.